Homeschooling Your Gifted and Special Needs Child | Get Started
You're suddenly homeschooling your differently-wired child... now what?
- Learn how to become a student of your child so that you can pinpoint how he/she learns best.
- Tease out — and identify — your homeschooling ‘why’ so that you remember what this is all for when times get tough.
- Find out how to choose and design the perfect curriculum when those “boxed” programs just don’t seem to fit the asynchrony you live with on a day to day basis.
- Get tips on how to avoid discouragement and keep advocating for yourself and your child when it seems like you’ll never find anyone who truly “gets” your differently-wired kiddo.
- Learn how to find or create the perfect tribe of support for yourself and your kids (hint: it might not be easy or local, and that’s okay).
- Build your own method of planning, record keeping, and forming routines that will take you all the way through homeschooling your differently-wired kiddo through high school.
- Gain confidence in your own assessment of your child’s unique and individual needs, and the knowledge that you are the perfect parent for your perfectly imperfect child.
- Know that you CAN do this and that we’re all right there with you to help you along the way.
What You Get:
>> A printable workbook that takes you step-by-step towards creating a plan to create the homeschool of your dreams.
>>Resources and bonus materials to keep you focused and moving forward.
>>Seven video lessons to help you get to the heart of what’s keeping you from success and make important changes.
>>A chance to dig deep into topics like why should you homeschool your differently-wired kiddo, how to channel intensity for good, dealing with asynchrony, and more!
>>A chance to ask questions of Colleen and the team — and get them answered!
What our community members are saying:
Colleen Kessler is an explorer, tinkerer, educator, writer, creator, and a passionate advocate for the needs of gifted and twice-exceptional children. She has a B.S. in elementary education, a M.Ed. in gifted studies, and is the founder of the popular blog Raising Lifelong Learners as well as Raising Poppies, a community of support for parents of gifted children.
The author of more than a dozen books for teachers, parents, and kids, Colleen left teaching after more than a decade to write and speak about parenting, education, giftedness, and hands-on learning and play. Homeschooling is an adventure she hadn’t planned on, but she has embraced the opportunity to learn alongside her kids every day, and is inspiring other moms and dads to do the same.
Her recent book titles include Super Smart Science: 180 Days of Warm-Ups and Challenging Activities (Prufrock Press), Real-Life Science Mysteries (Prufrock Press), and The Coolest, Dirtiest, Creepy-Crawliest Backyard Nature Science Activities for Kids (Page Street Press/Macmillan). Watch for Raising Resilient Sons: A Boy Mom's Guide to Building a Strong, Confident, and Emotionally Intelligent Family coming soon from Ulysses Press.
You can find more about her, upcoming projects, and where she’ll be speaking in the coming months at RaisingLifelongLearners.com and connect with her on social media @ColleenKessler.